Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, September 4, 2006

worm wars and nice people

Well guys I did it...something very original....i went camping on labour day weekend. and boy it was uniquely fun. I know it isn't a unique thing and there are probably hundreds of blogs being posted in the next little while that discuss someone's camping trip this past weekend but i would like to say that ours stands out among the rest.
I went camping with my two cousin married couples and jonny. we ate way too much food, played lots of cards, sat in the sun, built a dam (i'm sure you can imagine how many millions of jokes we managed to make and specifically russ managed to make over that one), sat by the fire, read our books, tried to solve the worlds problems and laughed really hard.

At one point i thought i was going to suffocate when i was laughing. i was trying to hide my hysterical laughter because eric was coming after me in the tent to destroy me in a worm war. now how could i hide from eric? well, it was completely pitch black, you couldn't see anything. he came for me and i tried to jump over jonny, landed on jonny and flopped into the pile of other people fighting it out in the middle of the tent. i haven't laughed that hard in a really long time, like couldn't control the excitement of it all, all these people coming after you and you can't see them at all, as well as adding in the awkwardness of being in your sleeping bag whilst trying to pummel people twice the size of you.

i am thankful for those people and thankful for the fact that we don't need anything to do because we can laugh and enjoy each other no matter what we are doing. i have good people in my life. i needed this weekend. it was great.

sidenote: book to read for everyone: Irresistable Revolution. Wonderful book, it will change the way you think, see the world and live. Worth a read. I'm not done it yet but it's really interesting. So if you are looking to become an ordinary radical or just looking for some definite thought provoking reading material pick it up. Irresistable Revolution: Shane Claiborne. i will write more later but it's changing something inside of me or causing something to grow that was already there.

have fun at school this week everyone. i wish i was starting up myself. shalom.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

you definately posted that twice.

but that's okay, because it was a really good post. :)

I wish I had worm wars this weekend... it sounds lovely. I'm glad you had a lovely time. :) and I'm glad you shared your times ... because they made me smile too. (I'm sitting in the rutherford south library trying to suppress laughter and random smiles and the computer... it's awkward)

Kelela said...

Hey friend!
Yay for worm wars. Those are wonderfully fun. Cousins are great. Im glad you had a joyous weekend Lisa. It is nice to just enjoy yourself throughly once in a while! Those are the times that make great memorys that last. Love you lots.

Eric said...

It really was great... I destroyed you Lisa... love ya
eric

bcakes said...

eric's right, i definitely got manhandled. michigan and kelela, thanks for the notes. looking forward to seeing you guys soon. you capilano people are really nice.