Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Salute

I haven't done a salute in a while so here we go.
Well everyone, it's official....my dad wins the Trooper Prize for last week. My father has been trying to go to the Utah Salt Flats to race his jaguar in a street car competition to join a 130 miles per hour club. He has been working away on it and then some dim-wit slowed down quickly in front of him on Whitemud and my dad rear ended him, wrecking the hood, fenders and one of the headlights. He has never been in an accident in his life before and it happens with his jag. I was following him with my car and man, oh man...it was an awful thing to see.
So, my dad decided he would still try and go and so we are waiting this morning to see if it will work. I think I might go with them if they go. Might be one of the most unique things i will do in my life, head to the Bonneville Salt Flats and see cars race all day.
My father had to get a new hood for his car and so since the hood wouldn't match the paint job on his car anyway, he decided to do a little design on his own. He looked up pictures of the union jack (which happens to be historically asymmetrical) and using a little tape and shelf spray paint from the clearance section in canadian tire, he has painted himself a beautiful hood. i had no idea it would turn out looking so good. these pictures are in the rain but you still get an idea.





If the car goes today and it if races it will be called "Rule Britannia"! So there you go. My dad wins the prize. Gets in an accident and still manages to keep the hope, producing a beautiful homemade hood. I salute you George, you are an inspiration to us all.

4 comments:

Kelela said...

nice car! Your father showed it to me on sunday. Its pretty awesome.

David Hengen said...

go george

eric said...

Your dad can colonize me anytime!

Michelle said...

that's awesome