Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Friday, September 8, 2006

A Celebrity

I got to be a celebrity for a day today. I went and subbed at the school I taught at last year and it was like being the most popular girl in high school. of course that girl was 24. shoot. i found my glory too late. it was really nice that they were excited to see me. made me feel a little bit more whole than i have felt in a while.

one of the kids in the gr.6 class that i was teaching said, "Ummm..Ms. Bennett...how old are you? because you're really pretty." and then she kept calling me Ms.Pretty instead of Ms.Bennett. Gotta love the kids. they're great for the old ego.

the students i had last year kept telling me they thought i was in africa and kept asking me if I was going and when i was going to do this or that, and do these things i talked about last year. so now i feel like i must go just because of them, so i live out what i actually preached in class. it was very challenging to remember how much my presence influenced their thinking or how closely they were paying attention.

it was definitely a nice end to a tough week.

catch you on the flip side.