Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Friday, April 28, 2006

Sarcasm and Melons

So my favorite thing happened today. I didn't realize that it was my favorite thing but trust me...it was.

I was looking for shoes for teaching, nicer sandal type things for my job that you have to have a degree in order to get etc. you know the one. And I overhear the girls in the shoe store talking about some school stuff, talking about what courses they will be taking next year when they are in gr.12. Okay?
Now one of them comes over to me and says, "Are you finding what you are looking for hon?" in this super condescending tone. And proceeded to talk to me as if I was in gr.10 maybe. And i decided it's my favorite thing in the whole entire world when people who are younger than me talk to me like I'm in gr.10. Here I am thinking about how i teach girls her age and here she is treating me like I'm younger than her.

Now, I admit that I look young and that isn't something I can really help. but seriously. why talk to people like they are younger than you. Why not just talk to them like normal people. Because I'm normal people and someone talking down to me really makes me...well i don't know what it makes me but it's definitely my faovrite thing. Oh wait.......grrrrrrrr.

On a happier note I have recently found out that The Smashing Pumpkins are in pre-production for an album which means they're getting back together, or atleast some of them. So that's exciting. I went out and bought Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I have always wanted to own the CD set and now I do. I'm listening to it as I type this out. I think I am past my hard core days but it reminds me of those harder days, and the slower songs are lovely. Billy Corgan, you shorn, whiny voiced poet. So hug a pumpkin near you to celebrate this fine event!
"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage" Rock on Smashing Pumpkins.

2 comments:

David Hengen said...

lisa, you shoulda busted it out on those high school girls. they deserved it. seriously.

bcakes said...

yeah, i should have gone gansta on them. what was i thinking?