Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It'll all work out

i watched Elizabethtown tonight for the second time and I know that some people thought that script was bad or the actors were poor but here's the thing...it still made me feel all warm inside to watch it and i liked it. I loved the music a lot and think I should curl up with Tom Petty and get to know him again. I never really left him, but he has been neglected. He writes a great song and has "the voice".

I like movies that deal with families and the intricacies that exist within. I liked the part where Orlando bloom finally talks to his father and cries and laughs as he drives. And did I mention I liked the Tom petty music in the movie?

The movie made me want to go on a road trip with good music and have a chance to stop at places along the way. to see the many shades of life that color the U.S.A or in canada. All the different accents, and different was of living. And I would like to bring a good camera to capture it all.

It seems that too many roadtrips have a destination, a place you have to be by a certain time...but I would like to go on a roadtrip that has a few selected places to stop, but no arrival time that has to be fulfilled. And maybe one day, some lovely person will make me a roadtrip CD. Just in case anyone is wondering i do have a trip to Princeton B.C that I will be doing by myself this summer. And I would appreciate good driving CD's. hint, hint.

So I will buy myself the soundtrack for my birthday I guess. it's my birthday tomorrow. 24. one more closer to 25. my decision for my birthday this year was to eat good food that I can eat. I wanted to spend some money on expensive gluten free food. I will have french toast tomorrow morning. I don't normally fork out $5-$7 for a loaf of bread, but today I did and it was nice. chicken wings and ben and jerry's ice cream are in order at some point. And sparkling apple juice. It feels like a real party when you drink sparkling apple juice don't you think.

okay no more thoughts today. so the moral is...everyone should listen to more Tom Petty and we should figure out where he is playing in concert and do a road trip to see him.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Don't worry, I won't make you stand.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday lovesly Lisa! You're so... young! :) And loved. I hope you have a fantastic bday... what's left of it. I'm a horrible friend. ahaa. So, anyhow, I agree about the sparkling apple juice... it makes the party. :) love you

jackinthebox said...

Happy birthday kid!
You should take the soundtrack from "Good night and good luck" for a test drive. I think you would like it. It would be a cool one for the drive to BC, especially when eating icecream in the evenings.

bcakes said...

hey jack: i will check out the soundtrack but first i should see the movie, which I have wanted to do for some time now.
Michigan: there was definitely sparkling apple juice
Jacob: thanks for the no standing part of your message :)