Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Friday, February 10, 2006

I Just Made You Say Underwear

I don't know how the following rant is going to go...it is potentially awkward and I have a history of saying awkward things. So I will try and keep it nice and not awkward.

I am wondering if someone could please tell me how our society got to the point where it's cool to show your underwear. This has been a frustration of mine for a while and now I have a place where I can vent about it. It's a hard topic to bring up in conversation you know?

Person A: Man, I'm really stressed. I have all these midterms and stuff.
Lisa: Yeah that sucks. Speaking of people showing their underwear......

From the example conversation I'm sure you can see why I don't get to talk about this very often.

Anyway, I think one of the silliest things that I see are the girls that wear sweat pants and then roll the waist band down two or three times so that their hot pink underwear is showing. You're not supposed to try and look sexy in sweat pants. They're sweat pants for goodness sake! I mean I can understand rolling it down once, so you don't have that elastic digging in to your sides...but seriously. three times? And then they walk around in their extra short jackets. Don't get me started on winter jackets that only go to the bottom of your rib cage. I mean why not have a pair of gloves that only cover half your fingers. Oh sure, now you're going to try and tell me that people wear fingerless gloves and expect me to believe you. But I guess it comes back to the age old question: how do you like your mid-drifts? i like mine modest and unfrozen thank you very much.

I believe that me and my underwear have a very special relationship. It's a personal, undisclosed, and intimate relationship. And the sanctity of that relationship needs to be protected, not shared with others. but seriously, i'm tired of seeing people's underwear (girls and guys) hanging out of their pants or purposefully being shown. how did we get to this point?!?!?!

I'm not saying we should return to some Victorian-Esque method of dressing and i'm not saying i would like to return to the hiked up, awkward pants that some mothers like to wear (Lord love 'em) . I am merely asking that you keep your underwear hidden. For the good of those around you. I don't want to see it.

I don't want to see it here, I don't want to it there. I don't want to see it anywhere.

8 comments:

IanShorten said...

Seeing peoples underwear as you call it, is a lot better than seeing their bums is it not? LEt's be thankful that each morning they decide to go that extra step and wear underwear. On another note, sweat pants are sexy, and the rolls are good, just not on dudes.

David Hengen said...

i agree with ian that seeing underwear is alot better than bums. but on the other hand, we shouldn't really have to see either. i think the real answer is that those girls who wear there pants and undies like that want to be noticed.

Michelle said...

check. lame lame lame.

drytona said...

Umm. Lisa. You're all wrong.

I guess I'm just that kind of guy.
I wear my underwear right out there on my sleeve.

bcakes said...

you would daytona.

Jonas said...

B-Cakes claims that she has a "personal, undisclosed" relationship with her U-Wear. I hate to be contentious, and even more to call a friend on a blatant lie... but where was that "personal undisclosed" relationship when you were filling MY backpack with YOUR frilly underthings? You can pretend that you don't 'member, or whatever, if it makes you happen, but you do remember! We were coming home from Eagle's Nest Bible camp (on the way home from BIBLE CAMP, no less!) and I pulled my backpack out of the van and... and... (I hesitate to share this, but the truth must be told, even if it the memory is painful to me) and there They were. In with my things. It was stunning, heartbreaking, and unquestionablly intentional. Oh, she acted embarassed; a clever cover up.

Just letting y'all know, she rants a good game, but in real life, the situation is entirely different.

~ Jonas

drytona said...

Gosh.

Matt King said...

I laugh when I hear the word Underwear. Actually I don't. But I do in my head.