Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Sunday, February 5, 2006

525 miles 600 minutes

I found myself in the middle of a fantastic moment the other night. I went on a little road trip over the past few days and last night I was headed home from Calgary with my lovely cousin. The sky was clear and the stars were out. With the the QE2 in front of us and Calgary behind us, we belted out Tim McGraw, The Darkness, Rascal Flatts, and Journey (twice). That's right, we were listening to the classics. It felt so good to sing at the top of our lungs as we drove through the darkness. I still want to go on a longer trip but that was very fun.
I have recently started a little trend in my car where passengers have to don certain articles of clothing while in my vehicle. so to top off our great music/road trip adventure...brian did the whole thing with the rambo head band on, placing the knot in the front and looking like he was straight out of an old school rap group. werd! thanks for the fun trip cousin.

and without further ado.....

Reasons I'm Glad I Wear Glasses/ Have Poor Eyesight:
5. If there is a war there is a good chance I would NOT be conscripted due to my poor eyesight. So, I can be happy to stay at home and work in the factories and then children in Social Studies classes will spend half of their time learning about what I did on the home front rather than all the battles that took place during the war. haha! suckas.

4. Your apparent IQ increases at least 15 points when you put glasses on. And apparent IQ is the most important type. It also gives your argument much more weight if you remove your glasses while making your point and thoughtfully rest the arm in your teeth. That really gets people.

3. Only people with glasses get to experience the sheer excitement of traveling 120 km/hour in their car and removing one pair of glasses to put on your prescription sunglasses. there's nothing quite like driving completely blind for a few seconds.

2. People who have glasses never get punched in the face. I have glasses and have never been punched in the face....I rest my case. (dave says that's an inductive claim based on a single iteration)

1. I have the ability to remove my glasses in a swimming pool change room. Let me tell you, I have never been more thankful for bad eyesight then in a change room. Ignorance is bliss they say. Sweet, sweet bliss.

4 comments:

IanShorten said...

Point 2 is wrong, but good news for you Lisa because it involves a story to disprove your claim that people that wear glasses don't get punched in the face.

My cousin Evan a few years ago was told that he needed glasses. He dawned these glasses on his first day back to school from a long winter break (We'll say haha). Anyway the teacher complimented Evan on how nice his glasses were several times trying to make him feel good about them. Too bad it ended up doing him more harm than good. Another boy, jealous of Evans glasses punched him in the face. Case closed.

bcakes said...

poor poor evan. shoot! i have been disproved

David Hengen said...

ah... point 5 is a bad one. regardless of your eyesight, there is no way you would ever be conscripted anyways. you're still too little.

bcakes said...

i might be useful to the army. i wouldn't cost them very much and i wouldn't take up much room, all i need is a matchbox and some bits of cotton.