Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance to the Music!

I wrote another blog but I don't think i have the courage to post it yet. Not sure I'm ready for the super personal blog yet. So instead will you all rejoice with me in two new and hip happenings.

Today is the 22nd of February and is the birthday of one of my dearest friends and almost my oldest friend Jonathan Fairbridge. Now Jon-bon might think that he is old but seriously this guy is hip. He has cool clothes, cool stories about the world that he has traveled and he tans like no one else i know. Of course, tanning isn't on everyone's minds in February I recognize that...but just wait. You should catch us in the summer hanging out sometime, it's pretty much ridiculous. I look like a white washed building next to a beautiful ebony door. okay, that's my construction analogy for you all. And obviously it's rather weak sauce because I'm not a carpenter. But jonathan you are very lovely and don't worry you are not old. every year we grow older you become more like a good bottle of wine :) hopefully we will have the chance to eat or make some expensive chocolate (like the Swiss hockey players) or go to the Italian supermarket downtown. Or watch Prince Ali of the streets outside on a big screen.

And the other hip happening is that my good old friend Erin is engaged. Super crazy and exciting all at the same time. It's one of those times when it's this bit of information where you think about it and it's exciting and then you think about it again and it almost blows your mind. Another one of the old crew is getting married and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to getting to know this Jordan fellow. And look forward to getting to see another one of my friends dive into this exciting next step in life. So Erin if you read this.....all i have to say is "Wheeeeeeeee!" and...you're hot.

okay that's it for today. more exciting news to come.
p.s.you know, i have realized that almost all of the titles for my blogs come from movie quotes or songs. not all of them, but a lot. Anyone know all of them?

p.p.s : one day i am going to post a blog where i accept all the spelling changes they suggest because some of their suggestions are very funny. but this is enough for today.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Yay Jonny! I heartily echo your laudatory remarks, Lisa. What an outstanding fella this guy is -- one of my favourite fellas around, in fact. On a scale of one to ten, you, Jon, are an eleven... million.

(Also, yay Erin!)

Nice post, Lisa.

The Begger said...

Don't worry, I'm not worried about getting old. Today adolescence stretches out so long that 25 is when guys just hit their stride. Thanks.

AAAHHH! Erin! I wish we were hanging out right now. Well, I guess eventually right.

The Begger said...

Don't worry, I'm not worried about getting old. Today adolescence stretches out so long that 25 is when guys just hit their stride. Thanks.

AAAHHH! Erin! I wish we were hanging out right now. Well, I guess eventually right.

Anonymous said...

Jonny, I have been thinking about you all week. Good old Feb.22 is one of the most stand-outish dates in my head. I hope you are happy and well today and I look forward to seeing you soon.
And thanks for all the excitement guys! I can't wait for all of you to meet him.
I miss you all.
erin