Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Taboo within taboo



In class today we were playing taboo to end off a rivoting semester of psychology. one of my innocent students (we'll call him fred) decided to try his hand at this game. here is what happened.

Fred was trying to describe the words to us and he said, "Ummm guys have this. Sometimes they're long."

some of the boys in the room look at me wide eyed and shocked that the word they were thinking of could possibly a word to guess in this game. they look at me wondering if i know what they are thinking, wondering if they can say the word they're thinking and then instead of saying the word they just start laughing but Fred could not understand what could possibly be so funny about this certain word. Luckily the timer went and saved us all the embarassment of trying to guess what he was describing.

As Fred was taking his seat I asked him, "ummm...what word were you trying to describe Fred?"
Fred replies: "beard" of course.
me: "Right, that's what I was thinking."

4 comments:

Lola Laine said...

Thats what I was thinking too! Wierd.

bcakes said...

lola,
great minds think alike.

Eric said...

This was a funny post... I was thinking arms but you can't win every time...

bcakes said...

yes...we're all thinking arms eric. haha. glad you could share in this moment.