Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Friday, June 30, 2006

A Salute: I'll cry for you argentina



you know if you are going to do a post about argentina, you have to make some kind of reference to Evita. So I have done it. Let's move on.

A Salute to Argentina's world cup soccer team. A Salute because Argentina lost today. they were my team. well them and holland. but i had high hopes for argentina, high hopes as in the final match and possibly even winning the world cup. but today....they lost. and it hurt me inside. i was amazed at how much it affected me. i was sad about the oilers but this one, this one hurt me deep down inside where my feelers are. i was not expecting them to loose and to make it worse they lost in a shoot out.

i mean seriously, shoot outs are disgusting. like eating dry bread with moulded ham and sour mayonaise. the sort of sandwich you would throw up afterwards and don't even enjoy as it is going down. they are not a way to determine a game. i mean sudden death overtime, atleast both TEAMS are playing. it's not all dependent on a goal keeper. how awful of a deal was that. you feel bad for the goalie who lets it is and you feel bad for the player that didn't get it in.

but my heart was sad. they deserved to win that game i believe. my hopes for world cup have died, all the teams I chose are out. now it's down to individual players that i like rather than countries. so i go to sleep sad about ukraine, sad about the Czech republic, sad about holland and most importantly sad about Argentina. there's always next world cup i guess. as long as italy doesn't win i will be happy. sorry italia fans.

So I salute Argentina and their hard work. For their amazing passing and calm cool collected way of playing. for your long hair and spanish-isms. for being such a young team and doing so well. you are saluted. signing out.

3 comments:

crippled said...

Go Germany Go.

Michelle said...

Italy won today. I"m sorry.

Eric said...

Argentina played some beautiful soccer... they were beaten but does winning matter or perhaps who plays the most beautiful soccer... I watch world cup for good soccer and in my mind, Argentina are winners
Shoot outs are a crappy way to settle a game... see final.