Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, March 20, 2006

you know that scene from office space?

Have you ever seen that part in Office Space when the little guy freaks out at the photocopier? Well the first time i watched it I thought..."ha, ha, funny little man...you are silly." and now i think about that part and think "poor, poor little man. i feel your pain." these photocopiers are no laughing matter.

you see...i'm may not be the brightest person I know but I got an 85% average in high school and graduated in the top 15% of my faculty....which is education i know...but still. It means that I am smarter than some. And yet, this photocopier seems to reduce me a person that questions everything, their compentancy, their worth as a human, just because my copies get jammed everytime.

Sometimes I feel like it's a conspiracy against me. that the two photocopiers get together late at night in the basement of the school. Perhaps they put on belaclavas and there is a swinging light overhead. And they plan out the day. They plan that the same teacher Science teacher will come in and find me struggling with the KM-5530 and make a direct correlation between being a humanities teacher and an incompetent human being.

You would think that if you sent some tests to be copied two sided and stapled that it wouldn't be too much to ask. I mean it's the machine's flippin job.

We all have our jobs in life, we all have something we are designed to do. I keep it real every day without fail. That's my job.

But this photocopier doesn't do its job. And when things can't do their job anymore we should get rid of them. Just like in the Industrial Revolution, a laborer gets hurt we get rid of them. I'm sure there are plenty of other photocopiers out there waiting to take its place.

There is only one difference between the KM-5530 and the factory owners of 1850. When they get rid of the KM-5530 I plan to take my good friends and the machine out to a field and beat the photocopier to a bloody pulp (or toner-ed pulp). You couldn't do that to a worker during the Industrial Revolution what with all the labour laws and "equal rights of the individual" or something silly like that.

And another thing. If you are a person that uses a photocopier and you just leave it jammed....shame, shame, shame. These sorts of things make baby Jesus cry. They're white collar crime and I won't stand for it any longer.

But luckily I am the human and I will be victorious. I will not be taken in by your sleek beige outside and your fancy touch screen. Oh no, i have seen your evil ways and I will have my revenge. Although you are winning now and making me an hour late for my next appointment I will win. I will show you and all your photocopy friends.

(there is a chance that this rant is a result of the fact that I need to get out a little more)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Lisa you make me laugh so so much. :) This is probably my favoritest rant ever. EVER.!!

It was lovely.
I will come and help you beat that darn photocopier to death when the day comes. Just let me know when and where... I will be there. Even if I have to miss my own, my own weddding!! yes, that is how much I feel for you and your copying pain.

You should go and photocopy at Staples. It's really exciting. except for the part where you have to pay for your paper.

hahaa. okay, really, i think it's getting late...

IanShorten said...

This post bothered me. Don't worry about it though.

David Hengen said...

lisa, i think i'm that science teacher. sorry.