Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

There is something mysterious about pictures and taking them. pictures are so full of life, color and motion except absolutely still. an enigmatic quality about them and i love them. my father is a wonderful photographer and owns an old manual camera and every once and a while when I want to feel like I'm alive, when I want to feel like the world is alive, when I want to do something solitary and beautiful i pull it out and take some pictures.
taking pictures is an observers sport. you watch and wait to catch the exact moment when someone's walls or facades have dropped and they're truly laughing or not focused on themselves anymore. I want to catch those moments. I enjoy watching people, sitting in the back of a cafe and observing the people about me. sounds sort of creepy i guess. but anyway. i haven't taken film pictures in probably two years.

i think it's time i did again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's whats sad about digital cameras... so awesome ... but you don't get the good concrete picture goodness at the end. I miss it too. I should bring out my old manual. I miss it... oh, and you too. <3

xxoo
.m.

Kelela said...

Ooo Lisa. We should go take pictures. That is one of my most favourtie past times.
Loves to you.

David Hengen said...

remind me to not hangout with you when you whip out the camera. actually, i like that idea. pictures are cool. this comment is lamo

Wallace said...

Lisa,
Cameras are wonderful but sadly I have to categorize myself as a picture taker and not a photographer. I think I lack key skills in the departmnet of photography, which makes me more of the point and click type.