Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, August 28, 2006

Purge

I'm currently purging my world in order to start a new life in my new house. It's true...i'm moving out. Shocking for some and others i'm sure are thinking it's about time and it would have been about time three years ago.

The purging though has been enjoyable. getting rid of things i have no use for, things that are excessive, things that i need to let go and move on. i mean how many letteres from gr.6 do you actually need to keep? i'm sure there will be more purging once i start setting up things and realizing i don't have a place for certain things and then i can just chuck them.

I've been in awe of people like St. Francis of Assisi and Rich Mullins lately. these vow of poverty guys are pretty amazing. Mr.Mullins didn't even own shoes for the last bit of his life. i mean one of the biggest Christian song writers lived in a trailer on a native reserve and gave the rest of his money away. maybe i can get rid of a bunch of my shoes...oh dear i have a lots. where did all this stuff come from? how did i end up with so many shoes and book and CD's. I don't know.

starting a new life at a new house with less stuff. hopefully i'm on my way to this simple life i would like to live. GOING GHANDI. leave the things behind me in that house and start fresh in a new place. it's fall...seems like the thing to do.

4 comments:

drytona said...

Hallelujah.

David Hengen said...

hey lise,

sounds like you're turning into a bum of sorts. the sort that is a good kind though. we're in new brunswick using free internet at the info centre ("say hello from new brunswick" is their slogan). we're starting the drive back today. i'm really looking forward to seeing the whole gang again. boo yeah. have a good time purging.

Michelle said...

way to go Lise! I've been having the same urges to purge my life of stuff lately. I've thrown out and given away but there is no end to little piles of junk.

being a huge pack-rat really is a problem...

eric said...

I am with you Lisa, I am realizing that when I have nothing left will be the happiest day of my life.