Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

It killed the cat I hear

Hello Readers,
This is a post for you, that's right you. The one who is staring at this bright screen perhaps in a dark room late at night, or after a long days work. This one is for you.

I have to confess something to you all. I hope there are enough of you that I can refer to you as "you all". My confession is this...I am curious. I am filled with curiosity and that eventually trickles over into my blogging world. I know that many of you might read this blog and enjoy your complete ghost-persona where no one knows you have read it and where you can just read and enjoy. And I want you to be able to maintain that secret blog life that you live. I hold no ill will against you.

But at the same time I am incredibly curious to know who reads it. Some of you post and that is lovely but it seems that posts have become fewer and farther between. Ian says that you shouldn't post serious comments because people won't post on them and then you will be disappointed and perhaps he is right. AND perhaps there is nothing to say sometimes and I can understand that for sure.

So here's the deal. If you read this blog, you can leave me an anonymous message that has some secret inside joke that only you and I will know and then atleast I will know what curious creatures read this blog from time to time. I suffer from curiosity. what can I say? You don't even have to leave your name, just something that I might know about you so that I know who is reading this. Is that fair?

I hope this doesn't violate some sort of blogging law or right. but if you read, please post....just this once. one little thing. no pressure, no need for some deep thought that you might feel embarassed to share on a blog..... just a little note. you can leave just your name if you like. that's fine too. or a post. just leave your mark however you choose.

i look forward to hearing from you. thank you to those that comment on occasion. i love you all, those that post and those that don't. to each his own. and i am willing to admit that only a few reads this and that's okay. i will probably continue writing i imagine.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read you blog...

...but you already knew that.

Nathaniel said...

ca'tfigureoutmepassword,piggbackusig -ate's,keboardwo'tworkproperl.... bestlovigsforLisafromme.

Carmen said...

I'm listening :)

bcakes said...

anonymous: thanks
Bean: i wore several shades of blue all at the same time the other day and thought of you. thought how you would be annoyed if you saw me. made me smile
carmen: here's a smiley face just for you :D

Erin said...

i just want to know who you are because you post on johnny's blog and so do I.

:)

crippled said...

yo

bcakes said...

erin: i have noticed your post on jonathan's blog and have read yours :) haha, that's funny. thanks for reading.
crippled: yo, right back at you

Anonymous said...

It's just me, Kari. I read your blog. You may or may not have known that already though... :)

Michelle said...

you sure know how to pick hot coffee dates dude

AJ Wilgus said...

Lisa, I read your blog and I enjoy it alot. Also, did you know you have a beautiful singing voice? You do.

Jenna

Anonymous said...

man, no one is leaving anonymous comments with inside information for you to try and figure out who they are. i would think that would be the majority of the fun. okay here's my clue: my idea of a good date is driving from calgary to edmonton via banff/jasper and reading "harry potter and the half blood prince" aloud to eachother. and if that wasn't good enough: i'm tall, handsome and really really cool. (i also like reading your blog)

S Wilson said...

Death Cab was saweeeeet. Pilate is coming again. They are mosdef worth seeing. They are playing with the exploding heads guys. Holla.

AJ Wilgus said...

oh wait, I forgot to be anonymous. um, I don't think I have any inside jokes with you lisa, I don't think we know eachother well enough yet. We'll have to work on that.

J

bcakes said...

anonymous dave: that date sounds lovely, let's do that again sometime but also get some slsate from the side of the road

jenna: i would love to make an inside joke with you

michigan: bonne chance en Quebec

Steve: Pilot is coming back eh? that's cool. my next concert adventure will be Xavier Rudd.

Michelle said...

Lise!
I'm in Chicoutimi. And it's very frightful.

Actually I'm posting to let you know that I love you... and that we now can be closer friends due to the fact that my stomach has now officially rejected bread. It pretty much hates me... and bread. But I'm not celiac, go figure. Well, just thought I'd let you in on our new little bonding commonality. :)
love you

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll let you know I read (and enjoy) even though you already know that. Here's my clue...hope it's not too easy: I want to be a princess and you be the knight! Let's go out sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

First step click anonymous
Second step: inside joke- I'll say Lisa, you've got a great personality.
Third step...there isn't one right?

Anonymous said...

bennettar!

Anonymous said...

Man is it windy in here?! I feel a hurricane comin' through.