Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, May 15, 2006

Feeding Frenzy

okay so that's the only clever title i could come up with that had to do with sharks and oilers. I guess that title actually makes it sound like the oilers are being devoured by the sharks. but my friends, that is definitely not the case. no, no, no, we are killing. 6-3 two games in a row. that's got to be psychologically damaging to a team.
now i don't know how the series will turn out and I'm not claiming victory yet. but it makes for enjoyable hockey and surprising hockey. I was saying to my friend David that we might get to watch a game together in the third round and then we both remarked how ridiculous it was to think that there might be a third round for the oilers. i never say this one coming.

now some of you might be surprised to see me writing about hockey but over the last year I have regained my fondness for the sport. the fondness that i have not felt since i watched Paul Coffey in the early Oiler years. he's my favorite hockey player of all time. i seem to have a thing for defensemen. in soccer and hockey i tend to like defensemen better: Yapp Stam, Melchiot, Staios and Morreau (my starbucks buddies) and most importantly Paul Coffey (which has nothing to do with starbucks) .

Anyway, i digress...in short i have watched a lot of hockey this year. we have watched a lot of games here this year which might have to do with the fact that i'm charming and interesting to talk to....or that i have a projector in my basement. either or it has been fun to watch, fun to follow and most importantly fun to think that they are in the second round and could possibly go for a third round.

So Go Oilers Go!



(is it sacrilegious to put a picture of the pope holding a hockey stick on your blog? for some reason there was a moment of hesitation. but i think it's a funny picture.)

1 comment:

crippled said...

there are lots of people with a nice personality but those with projectors are even more rare...imagine knowing someone with both...hope things are well in Edmonton.