Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Star I've Hitched My Wagon To Is Very Obviously You.

Of thee I sing, baby
Summer, autumn, winter, spring, baby.
You're my silver lining,
You're my sky of blue;
There's a love light shining
All because of you.

I would like to take a moment out of the day to honor Chicken Wings. I never quite understood the obsession with these little bits of goodness until a New Year's Eve at the King's house. And there I met Teriyaki Chicken Wings. My life was forever changed. Oh how like Pavlov's mangy dog am I, mouth watering even as I type.

Being allergic to all that is good in this world makes wings even more amazing. Imagine that you had been denied your most favoritest of favorite foods for all of your adult life. And then you find something that made up for those lost eating years. Something that gave life meaning and purpose again. Imagine that when you bit into these small chicken wings you felt alive again. When i eat chicken wings it's like that scene in Wizard of Oz where Dorothy steps into Oz for the first time and her world goes from black and white to color. Unfortunately there are no dancing Munchkins that appear when I eat wings.

Now that seems like a lot of pressure to put on a few little bit of chicken slathered in a tasty sauce but it's sort of how I feel. When life is boring and bland there are always chicken wings to make things better. They go well with cheese strings too. Cheese strings saved my life once. I lived off Cheese strings, apples, peanuts and ice cream when I went to Tennessee last year. I can't eat corn and the United States is the biggest exporter of corn in the world so everything, all sugars, starches etc. are made from corn down there. And although they seem to be against what God had planned for cheese they are very tasty.

So let us raise our glasses and sing of Chicken Wings and Cheese Strings. Let us remember the chickens that gave up their wings. Sing to the beautiful combo that makes life meaningful and tasty. To the thick, flavorful sauces of goodness and the unnatural stringy mozzarella cheese. I look forward to eating both of you in abundance in heaven. ohhh tasty heaven.

(anyone know the author of song i quoted?)

1 comment:

IanShorten said...

Oh dead Lisa. What happened to the beautiful template? Though I have not read all your blog yet, I'll do it eventually I swear!