Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Friday, November 27, 2009

Final Episodes

I love watching final episodes. I have watched the Final Episode of Seinfeld, Friends, the O.C, Scrubs, Arrested Development, M.A.S.H, The Beverly Hillbillies, Veronica Mars, One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, Cheers, Corner Gas, Road To Avonlea - just to name a few. 
I have watched final episodes of shows that I didn't even really know anything about.  I love to watch how things end and I gain much pleasure from resolution.  These episodes always pull at your heart strings and gives you a good sense of closure. I love montages of past episodes and how you can see the characters change and they always have a good song playing over the montage. I like to hear people say the thing they always should have said to someone, to watch that person do something that they always needed to do. Final Episodes always involve leaving a room, then turning around for one last look, turning the lights off and seeing those credits for the very last time.  

My friend Daytona was talking about sitcoms on his blog the other day which got me thinking about all the sitcoms and TV shows that have come and gone. I poked around on YouTube and watched the Final Episode of Fresh Prince of Belair and Gilligan's Island .  So I have added some new ones to the list.


Of all the final episodes I have watched there are two that stand out as the best.  The first would be the final moments of MASH - this would make even someone without a soul cry.  What a great show. 
And the second is right here.  The last episode of The Wonder Years  And I found it on YouTube. Here's a little nostalgia to get your weekend going.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

Jillian said...

Oh my, that little Wonder Years link with all the reflecting and ending... it's emotional.