Reading

  • The Writings of the New Testament
  • The Pursuit of God - Tozer

Monday, February 12, 2007

So I'll start a revolution from my bed

Things that can be currently found in my bed right now.
-an Eeyore stuffed animal
-a dog stuffed animal
-one slipper
-three socks
-a hair dryer
-a towel on one pillow
-a bible
-a rice bag
-'till we have faces by C.S Lewis
-2 hudson's bay blankets
-a set of flannel sheets
-a comforter
-four pillows, two for show, two for sleeping...and only one that i really sleep on.
-me

And on top
-a brown hoodie
-one down vest
-one army green jacket

So what have i learned from this realization? My bed is too big. I can sleep with all these sorts of things in my bed quite comfortably and never even run into them. The socks and slippers and rice bag are just out of reach of my feet so i have to dig around to find them, or they just rest there never to be found again....until i wash my sheets i guess.

And then I rest whatever book i am reading on the extra pillow i have. it's like a soft, cuddly shelf in your very own bed. Lovely thing. I can even rest my glasses there in the evening and my watch, that i use as an alarm. But my glasses and watch are currently on my person so i did not include them.

Hair dryer..well..that's for extra warmth in the cold evenings. nothing like heating up your bed with a hair dryer. it's good for people like me who have ice running through their veins or were born without the talent of creating their own heat.

So that's what my bed is like. a nice place to be if you are cold or are in need of some reading material. there's definitely for a few people in there. you will have to bring your own food but i can't even begin to tell you what i have within reach of the bed that would take too long. but there are some tasty M&M's very close by.

2 comments:

jackinthebox said...

I only today paid attention to your header quote by Rob Bell. I love that guy. I listen to every podcast I can by him. I think he's the best preacher I've ever heard in my life. Truely inspiring.
We (Lisa T. and I) are going to listen to a podcast from him now, in bed, before we go to sleep. Ya for Mac Lappy!

Michelle said...

i like this story. beds are nice things.. and I am quite shocked that you have so much on yours... but I'm glad that Lewis found his way there... :) very glad indeed.